Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stormy Lunch at The Porch (plus some plans)

Man, quite a stormy day today and it also happens to be my brother's birthday. To mark it, we and other relatives had lunch at The Porch by Casa Verde, located along Anonas street, in Sikatuna, QC. Today's the second time I ate there and last time I did was weeks ago, though back then, I wasn't feeling too well plus I didn't bring my camera (if I brought it though, then I might've blogged about this place already). I'll just be talking about the food and the restaurant and I wont go much into other things that happened. 

Anyways, the place is quite small, located past the grocery there along Anonas ext.. It looks like this small house but you'll know it when you see it. Although it's small and I find it tight, it has a good ambiance to it. One can eat inside or outside, depending on the availability of the seats. Personally, I might've preferred it if we ate inside (last time we did though) but this time, we were outside. Good thing that despite the winds, the weather didn't mess things up. :)

Now, on to the food. The restaurant serves American food such as ribs and the food's within the 150 to mid 300s range, so it isn't too expensive, but not cheap either. I have to say that the ribs here (Brian's Ribs) are tasty, and as one of their bestsellers, it's definitely worth a try. While I can't say if it's the best, since I don't eat ribs a lot, it's certainly good. A single serving's 250 Pesos, and by the way, that's a big serving since it's even good for sharing (that's how big it is). They also serve the ribs by the bucket (888 Php) for people that'll dine in bigger groups (kanina, we ordered 2 buckets, plus ordered 2 single servings! There were 12 of us). In addition to that, we ordered 2 servings of their Best Sampler(s) (one serving is 328 Php) which had potato skins, fried cheese and buffalo wings. By the way the wings here are one of the spiciest I've had. I'd say it is, but it's good though :D. Potato skins and cheese were great too, it's better with the dips that come with them. Other things we ordered today were a salad and spaghetti (dunno how much, I'll not comment on them). For desert we had their Death by Chocolate ice cream cake (188 Php) which had a rich taste, nice. We ordered 3 slices. One thing we didn't have this time unlike the last was the Fisherman's Platter. All in all, it made for a great lunch. :)

The Porch. I'm sure you can't miss it if you go by this place.


Iced tea and the salad
Salad and spaghetti. Both are good, I'd say. There was nothing we ate that I didn't like.
Best Sampler and Spaghetti.
Ribs by the bucket with rice. Wow, it's great. :)
Death by Chocolate cake. Ice cream's melting though... Still good. :)
The menu board. After choosing, you order at the counter. :)
After that I went home with my cousin and tito since the rest had other things to do. The weather's still bad though with all those strong winds and all. I was supposed to attend a retreat tomorrow but it got postponed :( ...

Anyways, it's gonna be some busy days ahead. Though our retreat was postponed, I still have plans for the week. Of course, I have my school work to deal with. In addition to that, I'll be heading to SM Mall of Asia for the Manila International Bookfair (MIBF) and if I go next weekend (which seems likely) I'm gonna drop by The Best of Anime (BOA) convention which was the first cosplay event I've attended (wow, it's almost been exactly a year ago). In addition, my birthday's fast approaching as well. Well, that's that and thanks for checking. :) Ingat! :D

FB page of The Porch

No comments:

Post a Comment