Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Days of Glenda

In the last few days, as we know, we were struck by Typhoon Glenda. Even us here in our place weren't spared by the typhoon's wrath. The other day, classes in my school (at least) were suspended. When I woke up yesterday, the winds were really strong as I could see it in the trees' swaying and not only that, I heard the roof of one of our neighbors making noises as it seemed like it was gonna go off (good thing it didn't). Not only that, there were brownouts and in our place, it was so long that it lasted over an entire day. The electricity here were restored only this morning but at about 3-4 in the afternoon, they went off AGAIN. Life without electricity is TOUGH, especially in a time like today where one spends hours in the internet or the fact that it's a need today (I wonder what life was like back in the days where there was no electricity). Because we really had nothing to do, some of us here in the house went to Trinoma yesterday and I went to SM today with my brother. Yesterday at Trinoma, some of the shops were closed. On the way there, I saw some trees bent and uprooted along EDSA. Both times we went home, there was still no electricity in our place and sleeping last night wasn't easy... really. Good thing the electricity's back now. :) Until now though there's still some rain and strong winds but, fortunately, not as terrible as yesterday. Some schools still suspended their classes as well today.

I also thought of Typhoon Milenyo as well which struck Metro Manila years ago... Back then, I was living in Marikina and was still in grade school but I remember it, though not the details...

Hope for the best for all those affected by this Typhoon. Let's pray for them and best be prepared for the next typhoon. Hope for the best for the future. :)

Some pics taken from my POV...

This pic can't capture really how strong  the winds were but it at least gives an idea (sort of...)
Rained hard as well, one had to stay indoors to really be dry
After the storm. Note those broken banana trees.
It left a mess in our neighborhood
An uprooted tree and a mangled sign along EDSA

No comments:

Post a Comment