Saturday, August 30, 2014

Short Trip to Tagaytay

As mentioned in my previous post, last Monday (National Heroes Day), I went to Tagaytay. Dunno the last time I've been there, but for sure it's been a while. It was a really short trip, one of the shortest (if not the shortest) out of town trips that I've had. We only went to the convent of the Pink Sisters and had dinner then we went home. Though short, it was a fun experience. I went there with my dad, ninang (dad's side) and my cousins.

So on the day of the trip, I had an overnight stay in Marikina at my dad's and we would be going to Tagaytay in the afternoon. In the morning, I went biking all over Marikina with dad. Pretty enjoyable ride, though it was tiring and at one point messy because a part near the river was really muddy. Good thing I wore rubber shoes. :)

In the afternoon, we left for Tagaytay. The ride on the way was enjoyable already, but at one point, we got lost in Sta. Rosa, Laguna. When we got to Tagaytay, we went to the Pink Sister's Convent. I wasn't in the right clothes when we went so I didn't go in the chapel out of respect and we wrote our petitions. Me and one of my cousins went all over the gardens for a bit and then we left.

After visiting Pink Sister's we had dinner at this restaurant named Buon Giorno at this place that had more restaurants, overlooking Taal Volcano and the lake. When we came to the viewing deck, we were greeted by the view. Amazing I gotta say. Unfortunately the pics I took weren't clear >_<. Still, it was nice to see the place. Now, on to the food. All of us, except ninang ordered a rib eye steak (at medium rare) and we also ordered this salmon dish and a salad. Ninang paid for the dinner. While waiting, they served bread as an appetizer which was dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. The salmon and the salad were good and after that, the steaks came. Wow, the steak was big and it tasted great along with the sides it came with. I'd say, it was worth it. A steak alone was 600+ pesos, by the way. :D
Just so you know, there's a restaurant next to the one we ate in and my one of my cousins (when they went to the same place in another trip before) told me that the steak there naman was 3000 pesos (yes, as in). Makes our steak's prices look cheap. :P

After that, we went home. When we came to the Metro, we noticed it was raining hard and it flooded at some parts. We went to Marikina first and from there, dad took me home to my place in QC.

Overall, while short, it was an enjoyable trip and it'd be nice to go out of town again for another vacation. ^_^

Some pics:

Pink Sister's Convent





 Buon Giorno @ Cliffhouse Tagaytay

Cliffhouse Tagaytay (found out the name of the place in the 'net)
Taal lake and volcano. Pic's blurred >.<

Dinner at Buon Giorno, Tagaytay.
Rib eye steak. It's bigger in person, plus it tastes great.
Sunset at Tagaytay
Cliffhouse at Tagaytay. Love the lights, it's like Christmas. (which is coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment