Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 15, 2013 - Busy Sunday

Only a few days to go, it's Christmas already and as a matter of fact, December has always been a busy month for me (and I'm sure many others). There's just so much to do! And Dec 15 was one such busy day. First, I went to SM Megamall. There was a convention going on, namely the Christmas Toycon 2013.  The Toycon did have a fee, but I didn't go in the convention hall. An expected sight at such conventions are cosplayers and I decided spend the time taking pictures of the cosplayers outside the hall, instead of going in there.

Here a few pics:






Many of them came in groups.
My interest in cosplay was a more recent development and I've been going to these events more recently (my first was last September at MOA). While I'm not a cosplayer, it's good to be meeting them. I'll post more pics of the cosplayers (I have a lot) in another post. While these were good, there were far better ones too.

Next, I tried to head to the Ayala Triangle to see it's Christmas lights, but I didn't. While I was in the Glorrieta area, I couldn't go to Ayala, and around that time, it was already 6:30 or so and the farthest I went to was just the area of Greenbelt. The reason was because I was going to be attending the Simbang Gabi later in the evening. The mass would begin at 8 PM so I had no time to go there, but I did take a few photos of the decors at Greenbelt, which were beautiful.



Greenbelt Chapel, ready for Christmas.
And after that, I went home for a bit and hurriedly changed my clothes for the anticipated Simbang Gabi mass which was to start at 8 PM. It was also going to be my Sunday mass because I haven't attended one the whole day. I decided to start the Simbang Gabi at the Santuario de San Pedro Bautista Parish in Frisco, Quezon City. This church has an interesting history and it's patron saint, San Pedro Bautista, a Franciscan missionary and martyr, along with other Franciscans founded the place. I've been here before and it's a nice place to have the masses. The church has a nice ambiance to it as well. The bad thing is however, it's in quite an unsafe place, especially at dawn. Fortunately, I didn't have that experience when I went here at dawn before and neither did I tonight.

Here are pics:
Blurred picture of the Santuario
Before the mass began
The church has a very beautiful sanctuary
The mass was quite nice, as expected of a Simbang Gabi. Quite a lot of people attended, even some outside but its not like the dawn mass in which the crowd is standing room only.

After the mass, there were the usual vendors, selling bibingka and puto bumbong. I bought some puto bumbong for myself and as usual, it's good. What a way to end such a long, tiring but fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment