Friday, April 25, 2014

Good Friday 2014 - Our Lady of the Abandoned Church, Marikina (OLA Marikina)


Dambana ng Ina ng mga Walang Mag-Ampon, Marikina

Last Good Friday, I went to the Shrine of Our Lady of the Abandoned, the main church of Marikina City and the home of it's patroness, Nuestra Senora de los Desamparados de Marikina. The reason why was to see the Good Friday procession of the place which had over 70 carozzas taking part. On a personal note, it was in Marikina I had my grade school and a part of my childhood. While I did spend my childhood years in Marikina, this wasn't our parish and I went to church at a chapel somewhere there before I moved to where I am now in Quezon City. The church has been renovated quite a lot and the interior is now different from how it was. It is now a very beautiful church. The church is Marikina's 2nd oldest church (the oldest is this small chapel, which I have not been to yet).
 


The interior has been through many renovations already. It wasn't like this before. This result is just amazing. It's a must see church in Marikina.


The altar images were veiled because it was Good Friday.

These paintings were a very new addition to the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment