Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Holy Thursday - Part 3 - 2nd Visita Iglesia

Last part on my posts on Holy Thursday

After coming home from my Visita Iglesia with my dad, my relatives (from my mom's side) haven't started their Visita Iglesia yet and I decided that I'd come with them. We started at around 6 and we headed to more churches. I won't be posting much pictures here as in the others. I wont be going into details about what happened anymore and I'll just be posting pictures. Before we headed to St. Paul's Parish that night, we had dinner at North Park near Tomas Morato and we arrived at the last church (Christ the King, our parish) a few minutes past midnight. The first few minutes of Good Friday.

2nd Visita Iglesia 1st Church (9th church visited): National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes

holythursday2014_nsoll_lourdes_shrine_facade
National Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, under the care of the Franciscan Capuchins. Originally in Intramuros.

holythursday2014_nsoll_lourdes_shrine_interior
Interior of Lourdes Shrine. The mass commemorating the Lord's Supper was still taking place when we came.

holythursday2014_nsoll_lourdes_shrine_altar_of_repose.
Altar of Repose

2nd Visita Iglesia 2nd Church (10th church visited): National Shrine of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary - Sto. Domingo Church

sto_domingo_church
Sto. Domingo Church, Home of Our Lady of La Naval (Taken last 2012, Feast of Our Lady of La Naval)
Personally, it's one of my favorite churches.



sto_domingo_church_holythursday2014_altar_of_repose
Sto. Domingo's altar of repose, one of the most beautiful ones I've seen

sto_domingo_church_holythursday2014_altar_of_repose2

sto_domingo_church_holythursday2014_sanctuary
Sanctuary area.

2nd Visita Iglesia 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th churches (11th, 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th churches visited for the day): Santuario de San Pedro Bautista (San Francisco del Monte), St. Paul the Apostle Parish (Timog), Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish (West Triangle), Sta. Rita de Cascia Parish (Philam Village) and Christ the King Parish (Veterans Village)

Santuario de San Pedro Bautista in San Francisco del Monte

Altar of Santuario de San Pedro Bautista, taken last Dec 15th


St. Paul the Apostle, Timog ave.

Hearts of Jesus and Mary Parish. I was baptized at this church. Very beautiful altar of repose.


Sta. Rita de Cascia Church, Philam. It had the simplest altar of repose that night.

Our Parish, Christ the King in Veterans Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment