Thursday, April 24, 2014

Good Friday 2014 - Prusisyon ng Biyernes Santo sa Marikina

Last Good Friday,  at around 4 PM, I went to Marikina City to see their procession for Good Friday. I've been to this event before and it's one of those things to see in Marikina, if one's there during the Holy Week. By the time I came there, it was around past 5 PM and I headed to church; the Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of the Abandoned (OLA-Marikina). When I came to the church, the procession began. Over 70 carozzas and images took part in the solemn event to mark Good Friday. The procession passed through the streets of Marikina and it ended at almost 9 PM. Thousands of people attended and witnessed the event. I wasn't able to take pictures of all the carriages though...

I'll be posting pictures of the Holy Week procession.

The Diocesan Shrine of Our Lady of the Abandoned, the main church of Marikina City and shrine of it's patroness, the Nuestra Senora de los Desamparados de Marikina






 














 











Mater Dolorosa

2 comments:

  1. You should also come see our IFI Holy Thursday, Good Friday & Easter Sunday processions here in Marikina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already seen some of their processions in Marikina. During some Holy Thursdays before, I've seen them. In fact, parang nagkasabay yung prusisyon ng OLA at ng IFI last Good Friday when I saw carozzas from one of the IFI churches there.

    ReplyDelete