Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Ozine Fest 2014 and Going Around Mall of Asia

Last April 25, 2014, I headed down to SM Mall of Asia to go around and also to go to day 1 of a cosplay event, Ozine Fest 2014. I arrived there about 11 AM or so, somewhere around that time. Hot day, really and when I came to SMX MOA, the event hasn't started. I won't go to all the details but while waiting, I went around the place and had lunch somewhere, checked different places and checked the situation in SMX Convention center. Originally at first, I wasn't going to buy a ticket for the event but I ended up buying it (at 150 pesos) and I guess I can say, it was worth it, especially hanging out with the cosplayers :). Next time though I gotta be more careful when I go to events like this, especially Otaku/Hobbyist events because there are things there that make me feel uncomfortable (I won't tell what they are, but for sure, it's not the cosplayers). I don't go to MOA since it's far from our place (add to the fact that there are other malls more interesting than MOA) and in fact, last time I was there before Ozine fest was for a Cosplay event last year. Overall, enjoyable day but wow, I ended up tiring myself so much that my feet really hurt. -_-

Be sharing some scenes here:

En route to MOA

Ozine-fest-2014-day1-line
Lining up
Ozine-fest-2014-day1-cosplayers1
I haven't been with cosplayers since last January. Nice to be with them again.
Ozine-fest-2014-day1-cosplayers2


Shrine of Jesus, the Way, the Truth and the Life, next to SMX Convention Center


Photo-ops outside the hall
SM Mall of Asia Arena
Ozine-fest-2014-day1-merchandise
Shirts and pins
Posters
Ozine-fest-2014-day1-chibis
Chibis

Going down
Seashell lane, SM MOA
Edit: I'd just like to add this. I have read in other blogs, heard in some comments and sites that many people complained about this convention. I only went to day 1 and even then, I had my share of negatives and all, like most, if not all the attendees (such as the entry time). In the end, really, it was enjoyable IMO, despite the problems (and other things at the mismong con). What matters most, more than the negatives is that we enjoyed ourselves and had a good time. If I were someone who focused on the negatives, I'd probably refrain myself from attending another convention or something for a while. Remember, it's always good to count your blessings and learn from mistakes. :) (although that is something I've gotta work on myself... ^_^,)

Another edit (added 6/10/14): After some things, because of personal reasons I decided not to attend any Ozine events anymore. It's not because of disorganization or the guards or mismanagement (I've been to events, not just cons, that had those, with bigger attendances), but rather other reasons why I'm not attending, lest I may run into those reasons. That said, it however does not mean I'm not attending any cons anymore and I will still be attending others, such as Toycon, BOA or Cosplay Mania or other cons. Also, it doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy these events and I had fun in them, not to mention that 3 out of the 7 cosplay events I attended (so far as of this edit) were Ozine events (namely Ozine Fest: AFS last December, Otaku Expo last January and this one).

No comments:

Post a Comment