Sunday, June 15, 2014

Divisoria revisited... and a pre-Toycon 2014 post.

Busy Friday the 13th on my part. I don't believe that kind luck (before I used to) and I think it's just all in the head really, not the day so yeah, I guess we could just do away with all the belief of "malas". In fact, it might not be luck at all but rather how we react to things that happen I guess, especially if they're beyond our control.

Oh well, that's what I think of that. Anyways, after visiting my old school Marist. I went to dad's place and after staying there for a bit, we headed to Quiapo and Divisoria (again) to buy some things, such as trying to get me a school polo, or buy stuff for bikes that my dad has (one of them is mine actually). So yeah, we went to Quiapo first. We checked out some stuff, tried to check out a place that makes school uniforms, since I needed new ones, looked at DVDs and after that, we headed to Divisoria after walking to Sta. Cruz.

We took this jeep and we passed by this place near the Pasig River and near the once-famous Escolta street. Too bad I didn't have pics of that because it had a nice view of Intramuros, with the Manila Cathedral and Fort Santiago on the riverbanks. For some reason, the song "Mutya ng Pasig" was playing in my head. We came down in the middle of some place I had no idea about. I mean, it's a place I've never been to in Manila but dad told me it was the back of Divisoria. Oh well, we went and finally after getting through a few streets, finally, I saw a familiar sight thanks to a time I was there in Divisoria last October (although that was with ninang when we bought Christmas decors, among other things). Dunno exactly what it was but it was this destroyed building. From there we had to find a way to 168 Mall to get bike parts (and another Gundam for dad's collection). Good thing I was in my rubber shoes since the place was really muddy. :) Divisoria was like a labyrinth since it's so easy to get lost and we were again when we came to 168. Unlike the last time, where we came from Recto, we entered from another entrance (near the back of the Lucky Chinatown Mall. I had to look it up) and because of this, we got lost in that maze of shops :(. We were able to retrace our steps when we saw the toy store where my dad bought a Gundam last weekend and it was kinda easier all the way from there, except we had to find some parts from bike shops and one shop somewhere 'cuz it sold bike parts at cheaper prices daw. Add to this, it was almost the rush hour and my feet were killing me. I didn't like this experience and I was losing myself >_<. In the end, we didn't find this one shop and we bought parts from other shops (albeit at a higher price than what my dad wanted). It was tough to keep my composure back there but at least it was finally over. We parted ways at Recto and I went home by myself.
 
I guess with everything that happened, I should learn to keep my composure. It's tough really to have a calm mind especially in a place like Divisoria or when bad things happen, especially when the unexpected comes >_<. I mean, I went to Marikina just to accompany my tita to my old school then I went to dad's and we ended up on another trip to Divisoria. I guess this should be a learning experience for me. I don't wanna be negative so yeah...

A place I didn't know in in Manila
Back of Divisoria
Wonder what this was... I think it was a mall.


Rubber bands. I guess those are used to make those rubber bracelets I've been seeing.
edit: They're called loom bands pala... Now I wonder why they're popular...:/
Bags. What's with "Cars" and Lightning McQueen?

 
"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Spongebob Squarepants!"
I have never watched Frozen.

Taken from a jeepney
While I was there, I took pics as you can all see and I thought that this should be a preparation for Toycon 2014. Since I mentioned that, I am attending Toycon 2014 at SM Megamall next weekend. I'd better keep my composure by then. Hopefully the weather would be good on those days and I'm thinking of ways on how thing's are gonna go...  I've already bought tickets for that event and I'll be going there with my brother. This will be the first time I'm going to an event like that with someone. But right now, I guess I have to live the moment first and once the day comes.... I'll see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment