Friday, June 13, 2014

Visiting my old school


It's always good to go visit someplace you haven't been to in a while, especially if the place has a meaning to you, like for example, going somewhere you spent your childhood or a place where you had an unforgettable experience. Today, I had this privilege to visit the school where I spent my grade school years in: Marist School in Marikina. Reason why I went there was because I had to accompany a tita because she had this event at there. When we came, one of the guards recognized me (I guess he still remembers who I am after all the years I spent there). After accompanying her, I spent some time to go around the school grounds, remembering some moments I've had back then. Wow, a lot of things have changed since I got out of there and I couldn't help but notice them.


Marist_School_Marikina_
Where I spent my Grade school years...

It was a walk down the memory lane since I've had a lot of memories, both good and bad there from all the years I spent there as a grade school kid. Back in those days, while I did have some good moments, I remember times I got bullied back then. >_< Oh well, now that I'm older and all, I guess I have to learn from those days then and look forward to what's happening to me and live the moment. :) Even so, at least I've had some good moments and in a way back then, I was somewhat well known. :)

Marist_School_Marikina_building
One of the buildings. Where I had my last year in grade school, Grade 6
Marist_School_Marikina_hall
Leading to the Grade school canteen and the gym and many classrooms. I remember times I walked in these halls.
Marist_School_Marikina_St_Marcellin
St. Marcellin Champagnat. Founder of the Marist Brothers who administrate the school
Marist_School_Marikina_swimming_pool
Swimming pool. I was once a member of the school's varsity swimming team then.
New gym. Built after I left the place. One of the many new additions to the school.
Marist_School_Marikina_oval
Marist Oval. Where the our sportsfests and school fairs were held.
Marist_School_Marikina_view
Taken from one of the school's highest points. One could see parts of QC from there.
Hope the students are living by these...

Marist_School_Marikina_chapel
Marist School Chapel
Marist_School_Marikina_chapel-interior
Interior and sanctuary of the chapel. A very modern, artistic and beautiful church.
Stained Glass windows, Marist Chapel depicting scenes from the Old Testament
More windows depicting the Ascension and Pentecost


A snack bar located right in front of the school. Not sure if they still do this but I remembered them selling trading cards back in the day and I bought a lot of them. :)

After going around the school, I went to my dad's place but before going, I stopped first at Conception Parish, which was my parish church back when I was living in Marikina. Reason why I stopped there because I was told by dad to take a tricycle there from Marist. Although this was our parish, I went to a chapel nearer our place to attend Mass (though it was under this parish community then. Now it's under a newer parish community). After that, I walked a bit and took a jeep to dad's place. But I ate in a 7-11 before going to dad's. After staying in dad's place for a while, I left with him and we headed to Quaipo and Divisoria (again). Be posting on that tomorrow or some other time.

What used to be Concepcion Market is now replaced by a McDonald's.
Immaculate_Conception_Church_Marikina
Immaculate Conception Parish, Bayan-bayanan ave., Marikina. I gotta like the fact that it looks like an old church, though it isn't. It's also one of the most beautiful churches in Marikina.
Immaculate_Conception_Church_Marikina_Crucifix
"By Your Holy Cross, You have redeemed the World"
Immaculate_Conception_Church_Marikina_Interior-1
Interior of Concepcion Church. It's been renovated many times and is under another one. Originally, the altar before was much simpler and featured the life sized crucifix in the previous photo before this golden sanctuary was added. I don't know when that was though.
Immaculate_Conception_Church_Marikina_interior-2

Immaculate_Conception_Church_Marikina_Stained_Glass
Ave Maria
Luyong Restaurant, J.P. Rizal, Marikina. There's a nice goto place across it.
A jeepney I took a picture of. The Marikina and Rizal provice area has these really nice Jeepneys. Many far better than this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment