Friday, October 17, 2014

Cosplay Mania 2014

Cosplay Mania 2014 Evolution
It seems like it's been a long time ago since Cosplay Mania 2014, although it was only the other weekend. Good thing that I can now post about this event (though I did post about my "after-feeling" before). Probably of all the events I attended, this is one of the best and biggest ones for sure. This is my younger brother's 2nd cosplay event (his first being Toycon last June). While it's not the first time I went to CosMania, since I went to SMX-MOA during last year's, this is the first time I REALLY attended this event because last year I was only there for a short time and didn't buy a ticket. Plus, it was late at night (mga 7-7:30 or so) then and I also came from school. Now... let's get to it, shall we?

Dealer's hall @ CosMania
After finally getting the tickets in a (miserable) trip to MOA, me and my younger bro headed to day 2 of Cosplay Mania 2014. Good thing it didn't rain that day, otherwise it'd be bad, especially for the cosplayers I'm sure. We got to the place sometime between 1:30-2 PM. When we got to the hall, we went around and decided that we'd upgrade the tickets later, as I originally got bronze passes which only allowed access to the dealer's hall.

Standing room only...
Freedom hall.
These were the first cosplayers I had a pic of.
Pokemon cosplay. :)
Activity stage, dealer's hall.
Keybie Cafe. I gotta admit, they're simple, but really nice. I remembered back at Best of Anime 2013, I got an Adventure Time one (Finn and Jake). Didn't get one this time though...

Freedom hall

I don't think I'll ever buy one of these... even if I had all the money.
Doraemon and friends. Didn't have a good pic of them... next time maybe.
After a while we decided to have our tickets upgraded to silver. First I had mine upgraded, but not my brother yet since he was taking part in some activity at the stage and while he was there, I went around the place. Around that time, I was able to see prominent cosplayer Kaname at the Cosplay Shop. Later on, we were able to see the others, like Reika. After having my brother's upgraded, we entered function room 5 (main stage area) at about 4 PM and saw the performances and the cosplay tournament. My brother stayed to watch the happenings and ako naman, went around and all. We left SMX for a bit 'cuz my brother wanted merienda. Actually, we left SMX twice; first, before we upgraded our tickets and again at around 5...

Kaname

Events stage


During the Cosplay Tournament of Champions (TORCH)
Comic Alley. I used to go there a lot. Not so much now, probably because of the conventions I've been going to...

Upon returning to SMX from the 2nd floor of the mall at a back entrance, we went back to the main stage area. Again, I went around as my brother watched the performances. Daming tao talaga nun. The crowd peaked in the afternoon 'till early evening when we left. Gotta admit, cosplayers were all amazing. Seemed like, for some reason, I kept running into a League of Legends cosplayer. Not sure if that was the most common cosplay but there were also many other series from different genres. From games, cartoons, comics, anime, pop culture... Too bad I didn't get any coscards. After a while, me and my bro left the place at almost 7 PM. We didn't get to the winners of the cosplay tournament.

What's your fanbase?



 


I already mentioned it but it felt weird when the event's over. I also realize, I missed some things. I gotta make sure I won't in next year's event. Certainly, I would say that this was a great event and next year seems promising, since they'll be occupying function rooms 1-5. Hopefully I can go by then and while I still can attend these things, I intend to do so... Also nice that my bro had a good time as well. :) And to the cosplayers that I met that day and had pics of... thank you. :)

You can check out some of my other Cosplay Mania pics here

And with that... I wrap up my post. Thanks for checking it out! ^_^

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nate! Nice coverage of the event! It's nice read different perspectives and experiences of the event. Were you that guy in yellow who had a selfie with me? (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks!

      Yeah, that was me, hehe :) It was nice to see you there :)

      Delete