Sunday, October 5, 2014

Going to MOA on a Rainy Night

Wow... Really was not expecting this kind of scenario...

Kanina, after attending a novena at UST, I went off to SM Mall of Asia for Cosplay Mania and to buy tickets for the next day. However, I noticed that it was raining hard outside the church and after the mass, the main entrance was flooded, making us take the exit from the seminary. It's been like this in the last few days. Us here in Metro Manila know, flash floods happened, submerging the streets and causing heavy traffic. As much as we don't want these things to happen, we can't do anything about it since they're beyond our control. Unfortunately, much of what happened to me really went out of hand.

Anyways, I took the LRT from Bambang to EDSA and on the way, I noticed that some streets were flooded. After getting off the station, it was again raining hard and all the jeeps were full, so I had to walk pa near Heritage Hotel before I finally got a jeepney to MOA. When I came to SMX, it was cold. My toes went numb (I was wearing slippers since my shoes got really wet DX). Even though I was at a cosplay event, this is perhaps the first time I went to an event like that and I'm not happy, since, well, after getting wet in the rain and all... I was able to get two tickets for the next day, one for myself and for my brother (Yeah, I'm not going here alone, like at Toycon). After buying and getting out of SMX, it was raining real hard, harder than when I came plus it was windy. Seemed like my feet could not take it anymore, being wet and all. The traffic on the way back to the LRT was horrible. The first few meters, it didn't move for what seemed like a long time. When I came back to the LRT, as if everything wasn't bad enough, it closes since I came back there past 9, after closing hours, leaving me no choice but to take the MRT instead. I thought that I can't take more of it, since I'm far from home, I'm wet and could get sick, I'm hungry and etc... After riding the MRT, from there on out, things got better since nothing really bad happened for there on... I finally got home past 10.

It was a terrible ordeal yeah, but at least I got home, finally... after all that... It was a lot worse than I thought.. :(

Well, from all this, we could learn that we should make better decisions (now that I think about it, maybe what I did was bad... but no use regretting) and sometimes when we face difficulties, we do not know what to do anymore, especially when things go haywire and get more difficult. And of course, we don't have control over everything.
Sometimes, in life, we often face situations like these or worse. Again, there will be moments that we cannot control. Sometimes, we may get annoyed or even offended by others, plans can get ruined and everything seems bleak. In times like these, we (myself included) often react negatively and it's difficult to be positive. For sure, these are difficult moments, yet in all these, it's best thing to do is know how to respond right, find a way if possible and have faith. Sometimes, though, we have to let go of something, especially when it's unimportant. For sure, I could learn from tonight's mishaps the most since I'm the one who went through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment