Sunday, January 12, 2014

Feast of the Black Nazarene - Inside Quiapo Church

Few days have passed since the feast of the Black Nazarene concluded yet still, at times, my mind is still on that day and I am at times missing the experience I had on that day. Throughout the month of January, I'll be posting pictures from the feast day.

Anyways, today, I'm posting the pictures I took from inside the church. If there's a church that I know that always has many people coming in, it's Quiapo's. Because of its popularity, many people flock to this church everyday, especially on Fridays which are the days of devotion to the Nazareno and of course, Sundays. But on the feast day, it is beyond standing room only and it's really not easy to enter the church because of the thousands of devotees. Good thing I was able to. I will have to say also, the decorations adorning the altar were lovely.

Thousands of people entering the church as the 8 AM mass began
Thousands attend mass

The bishop incensing the altar

How'd they get that in the church?
Final blessing
9 AM mass

No comments:

Post a Comment