Thursday, January 2, 2014

Starting the New Year

Wow, the first day of the year was really a busy one. What a way to start the year.

First, I woke up around 6:30 or something earlier that day but I went back to sleep. I woke up finally around 8 AM and I thought I was going to be late for my first activity for that day, so I got my clothes and ate breakfast and headed to Quiapo. I went to Quiapo because everytime the year begins, they always have this procession of the Image of the Black Nazarene (not the one used on January 9th though). When I came, I saw that the procession was not yet over and it wasn't even near the church so I went around and didn't see it, but I saw the activities for the upcoming Feast day on Jan 9th.

The theme for this year's fiesta.

Waiting for the image to return

Barefoot devotees along Villalobos street

Quiapo Church

Speaking of Jan 9th and Quiapo, I'd like to mention that one of the events I await everytime the new year starts is the Feast of the Black Nazarene. Actually, January 9th marks the Traslacion or the transfer of the celebrated image of the Lord Jesus from it's former site in Bagumbayan (now Luneta) to it's present home: The Basilica of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo, popularly called Quiapo church. Since I'm a devotee, I'll go there and to the events leading to it and post it here. Not to mention, I like Quiapo, especially during events like that.

Anyway, from Quiapo, since the procession wasn't going to come back anytime soon, I headed to Baclaran via LRT. Jan 1st was also a Wednesday and every Wednesdays, devotees flock to Baclaran church for the Novena to it's patron, the Virgin Mary under the title of Mother of Perpetual Help. I'm not a devotee of the  Baclaran church unlike Quiapo but I took this opportunity to go to mass there. Thousands of people attended the celebration. I admit despite being marketplace districts, unlike Quiapo, I kinda don't like Baclaran but it's always nice to visit their church. Probably because it's far or some other reason... From Baclaran, I went back to Quiapo, hoping to reach the procession but when I came, the procession was over... oh well. At least it wasn't the big one though.



At the end of the mass

After Quiapo, I went home for a bit and had lunch but we were going somewhere again. So after eating, I took a bath and went somewhere with my mom, my cousin and his mother and my ninang to another place to visit my relatives. We were just having a good time there and we planned that we'd be watching a movie somewhere so after being there for a bit (and eating, the food there was good), my cousin stayed but the reast, and another relative from there left and went somewhere. My mom, ninang and I went to Sta. Clara along Katipunan first and made a visit there. My mom left a gift there because there is a cloistered nun there whom she personally knows and from there, we headed to Eastwood to go around and watch a movie. While waiting (the movie was at 6) we were checking out the shops, ate at Dulcinea and I took some pictures, especially of the Christmas decors around the place (It's still the holidays actually). After that, we watched the movie which was "My Little Bossings". Good movie IMO and I'll be posting a commentary on that here.


New Eastwood Mall

Walk of Fame

After that, we went back to our relative's place and had dinner there before going home. What a way it was to start a New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment