Monday, January 6, 2014

My Little Bossings - My Comments

Note: This is my opinion and review of the film.


For a while, I’ve been hearing of this movie, a LOT. Thanks to the fact that I watch Eat Bulaga sometimes, many commercials, there’s a lot of hype about it and not to mention that the people here in my place like watching Kris TV a lot. I dunno why, but I guess because of this (or maybe because of Ryzza and the dance crazes she popularizes) I felt like watching it. I believe it was my first time to watch something from the Metro Manila Film Festival, legitly at least. (I’ve seen parts of past films in Youtube or TV).

January 1st, 2014, New Year’s day came and after all that hype, I watched My Little Po.. este, My Little Bossings with some relatives and at Eastwood. Here’s what I have to say about it. Not the best, but I have to admit, it was really enjoyable, I actually like it. I know some people would disagree with me with this but it’s my opinion after all… Since my comments (and my blog actually) are in English, sana di ako makaka-nosebleed. Hehe.

I will admit, it was funny. The fact that it made me laugh with it’s funny (sometimes corny) scenes already makes me like it. Actually, the movie wasn’t all that funny, especially considering how the trailer depicts it. There were a lot of serious and even some sad scenes as well, they can be moving. I admit, they were pretty well done, though not exactly the best I've seen, but they're good enough. Much of the acting was decent enough, some were really that good but others, not that good to bad. The music was good and I admit, the themesong's catchy. :)

I’ll really have to give Bimby props for his role. I admit, he acted a bit like a cartoon character but he did his role well. But Ryzza was definitely better (at least IMO). No wonder why the Aling Maliit won best child actress at MMFF; she was definitely at one of her best. It’s kinda weird that I find her entertaining, especially her dance songs (Chacha and Look Up). I watch Eat Bulaga at times for those songs, or her, if not for the antics of Bossing or the other hosts (which I also watch for). Bossing Vic was funny and corny, as usual. I wont give a comment here on Kris Aquino or the others like Jose at Paolo… :P But I’ll say this, the some of the other actors were great (ex: Aiza) others, not so much.

The negative things I’d say about this movie is that some of the acting was campy, it had weird timings, some scenes looked like the actors weren’t serious, some of the lines weren’t well done too, it has some corny scenes, some effects were weird and the story’s kinda hard to follow. It has a lot of random scenes as well (which can also be a good thing sometimes, for me at least). 

Overall, a good movie in spite of the negatives. It’s pretty funny and enjoyable (for me at least) and it has a good message actually. It shows how important family is and also the importance of getting along with others.

edit: thought of this... Score: 7/10
Again, this is my opinion. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment